Well, this is my first blog. I am not quite sure how I feel about this. I love reading other people's blogs, but I really don't think I have much to say. Once the school year starts, I will probably post stuff about school, and the crazy things kids say. There are probably thousands of blogs like that. I don't intend for this blog to get super personal. I was raised with the idea that family stuff is family stuff. It was taboo to talk about "family stuff" to anyone that wasn't family. I am not quite as conservative as that, but I don't think I want a whole lot of my personal "stuff" floating around in the ether for anyone to happen along. I might get a little personal though, because that is just me. I don't have tons of friends, but I get close to the ones I have. I am a personal person. :)
School starts two weeks from today. Next Monday is reporting day. Time to clean up the classroom, begin to plan in earnest, and start fighting other teachers for use of the copy machine and laminator. Next Thursday is the Back To School BBQ, and everything needs to be ready by then. Kids will come in and pick their desks. They will sort school supplies, and they will chat. They will be so excited for this coming year, but it is not just them. The parents will come, full of questions, hopes for their children, worries, and, yes, excitement. And I will be there too. A queen in my domain. Smiling, full of questions, hopes, worries, and, yes, excitement. I am excited. And scared, and soo soo soo excited. I love school. I have ALWAYS loved school. It is fitting, then, that I am a teacher. I love school. I love the questions. I love the worries. I love never knowing what will happen next. Each day, each subject, each hour, each minute is a mystery as a teacher. You never know. You never know what will spark someone's imagination. What will set off a domino train of question in a child's mind. You never know where a lesson will lead you. One day is nothing like another. I am so excited.
And scared. Just a little. Just enough. Just enough to remember that I don't know everything, and that I am not perfect, and that with all my training and experience and expertise, there is still so much I don't know. I don't know. And that is ok, because life is not about knowing all the answers. Life is about knowing where to find them.
And so I am excited. And scared. Just a little. Just enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment