Tuesday, August 28, 2012

First Day Back

Well, Yesterday was my first day back to school (no kids yet though).  I have this weird habit of waking up the week before school starts at about the time I will be waking up when school starts, in order to get used to waking up early. That means that yesterday, although we didn't have anything scheduled until 10am, I got up at 5:40.  I went to work out, showered, made my lunch, ate breakfast, and got to school around 7:30.  Only one person was there.  No one else showed up until 8 or 8:30.  I stayed there until close to 7:30 pm.  I was tired.

I know you probably don't need me to reiterate this, but, I was tired.  I was so tired (and hungry by 5:30) that when my Man called me at 5:30 to talk about the computers were were trying to get working for the computer lab, I broke down and cried.  I told him I would talk to him later after I ate.  (I curse my body for going crazy when my blood sugar drops.)

After I ate, I was a little better, but when i got home around 7:40ish and tried to work on the three computers I hauled back home, I wasn't in a great state.  I thought I was fine until I couldn't get the monitor to work.  I tried it I don't know how many times and it just didn't work.  I wanted it all done for tomorrow and when I realized I couldn't (how can you work on a computer if you have no visual interface?) I cried again.

I decided at that point that if I was THAT tired (I was crying over a monitor not working when I have a school full of monitors not 2 minutes away), I should probably watch reruns of The Big Bang Theory on TV, then go to sleep.  And that is what I did.

I feel better this morning.

aside:  OH MY GOODNESS I HATE MY CRAZY BODY.  When it decides that I haven't eaten recently enough it goes crazy.  It may get a little dizzy, or make me feel really lethargic, or may make me feel like throwing up.  When it doesn't do that, it makes me incapable of making decisions.  I mean simple decisions.  I mean, we were at an airport and my body was telling me to eat, but it wouldn't let me pick something to eat, oh no.  It was going crazy.  I told Jeremy to get me something to eat and he started asking me UNREASONABLE questions like: What do you want to eat?  Do you want a sandwich?  How about McDonald's?  --UNREASONABLE!  I know it was unreasonable because the minute he started asking me these questions, my body went AAAAAHHHH, my brain seized up, and I started to cry.  Over food.  Over PICKING food.  Jeremy was like "what's wrong"  and I was like "JUST PICK ME SOMETHING TO EAT!"  the poor boy was so confused.  He didn't know what was wrong with me, but he sweetly picked me food.  I was better after I ate.


Anyway.  Yesterday was crazy, and today promises to be crazy as well.  I should try eating small amounts through the day, though, so I don't go crazy at the end of it.  We will see how that goes.

From my crazy life to yours: have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment