Saturday, April 6, 2013

Pray for me

I am posting this here because I know only a select-few people read this, and I don't want anything too wide-spread, but I would like prayer.

As you know, my school, Open Bible, is merging next year with CS Lewis.

And I don't know what to do.

I signed a letter of intent already (although that is not a contract) and they have told me that I will probably be teaching 3rd grade next year.

I don't know what to do.

The thing is, there are lots of things:
1. My teaching partner is not moving with me--she is starting a new venture--a kind of homeschool extention program for parents who want a christian education for their kids, but can't afford a Christian school
2. I feel like I am being demoted.  I know I am not, quite, really... but after going from a 3rd-4th grade teacher who teaches music, is in charge of the Christmas Program and Spring Fling and is in charge of our school's proffessional development (along with teaching reading to the 5-6th grade), I really kind of feel demoted.  They didn't even ask me what I wanted to do.  I have my Reading Specialist endorsement, and they are planning on hiring a reading specialist, but they didn't even ask me if I wanted the position.  It kind of feels like they are just taking me because they have to.  That might not be the case but...
3. I feel like I am moving in this direction simply because I am in this river, and that is the direction the river is taking me.  I don't feel MOVED.
4.  I want a calling.  I want to move because I am being called to move, not just because I am following the path of least resistance.
5.  Inside of me, I want to be with my teaching partner, but I haven't heard the voice yet.  I haven't gotten the "all clear" from the man upstairs.

It is possible that the word from The Man is that I should just follow this river, and maybe I don't want to, and maybe that is where this uneasy feeling is coming from.  But maybe, there is something He is trying to say, one way or the other, that my mind is just to busy to hear.

So, can you pray?  All of whoever you are out there who is still reading this?  Can you pray that God actually gives me direction?  And can you pray that I hear it?  And if you feel like God is giving YOU an answer, please be faithful to talk to me about it.  I value you.

--Me

1 comment: