Tuesday, June 3, 2014

back for today

I've realized that when I make excuses--saying I don't have time, or am too tired to spend time with God like I know I should, nothing earth-shattering happens.  It's not as if I get struck by lightning or caught in an earthquake.  However, things slowly get harder and harder and more overwhelming, which things do anyway, right?  We always have that ebb and flow of hard times and easy times.  The thing is, though, that when the overwhelming times come, and I don't have that time set aside for God, things hit me harder and I have a hard time keeping my sunny perspective and my can-do attitude.  I get bogged down with stuff, and things.  I get tired--not just regular, I'm not sleeping much, tired, but really, truly, bone-deep tired.

So this is my acknowledgement that I realize that I haven't "had time" for HIM recently, and that I am tired, pessimistic, and grumpy.  I am tired of being grumpy.  I am tired of complaining.

So, what am I going to do about it?  I am going to write this post.

I am going to talk to Him as I get ready in the morning
I am going to talk to Him as I get ready for bed
I am going to call on him today, tomorrow, and during this camping trip, for help, for perspective, for sleep as I try camping with 27 kids, 23 adults, and one 4-month old.

Be with me, as I try to be with You.  Not just to make things easier for me (although, selfishly, I know that is a lot of it right now) but also to make things nicer for my husband and students, as I cannot be happy-me, when I am without YOU.


No comments:

Post a Comment