Well, it is the first official day of Spring Break. Monday. I think I did pretty well for a Monday.
1. Woke up at 7:30 (that means I slept in two extra hours people!!!! That is impressive)
2. Got up at 8 ish
3. Went to go work out (on a day off, I should get mad props!!!)
4. Went to school (I know, I know, but a parent requested homework because the kid is going to be gone the week after spring break. What can you do???)
5. Went home and cleaned the bathtub (oh sooooooo gross!) and the toilets (not nearly as gross!)
6. Planted Gladiolas and Columbine in pots and added them to my front porch garden.
7. Did laundry (mostly just the sheets, myriad of winter-time blankets that need to be put back in the closet, oh, and the shower curtain)
8. Started dinner (the sauce tastes best if it cooks for a while)
9. Watched the first episode of Alias on Netflix and worked on my crocheting
10. Cleaned the trunk of my car
--this last one deserves the most time. SOOOOOO, I have been noticing a gross moldy-like smell eminating from the trunk whenenver I open it, but there isn't a lot in the trunk. Moving things around, I found two slightly moldy areas, and I bought some carpet cleaner to clean it with (that was months ago) but I needed to wait until it was dry-ish outside to clean it out because, hello, no garage. So I decided that today was the day. I began by getting everything out of the trunk (two grocery sacks full of other grocery sacks, jumper cables, a small toolbox) then I began the carpet cleaning. One spot was really easy. Then I got to the other spot, and it was wet. I mean, wet, and the carpeting around it was wet. SOAKED. Like 1 1/2 foot square area. It was gross. So I pulled the carpet out and began drying the trunk itself. Then I noticed the wheel well for the spare tire. I took the board off the well and looked into it. There was at least 1 (maybe 2) inches of standing water under the spare tire. So I had to pull the spare tire out. Luckily, there was a plug in the bottom of the well (apparently the manufacturers were ready for something like this to happen) and I could unplug it to get rid of most of the water. I used paper towels for the rest and I sat outside reading (Patricia Briggs, The Hob's Bargain) while the trunk dried the rest of the way. I also squeezed as much moisture as I could from the rug and had it hang for a while during the trunk's drying time. I brought the rug inside the house to continue drying and closed up the trunk. Now I have to figure out where the water is coming from and see if it is an easy fix.
11. Wrote in my blog.
Now you are up-to-date :)
--me
Way to go on getting that water out of your trunk and working on that project! That's the kind of thing that takes me a while to tackle. I hope that takes care of it. Do you know how the water got in in the first place?
ReplyDeleteNo, my only guess is that my trunk leaks, but it rained today and the only water that got in happened when I opened the trunk to see if it was leaking... We shall see.
Delete