"Someone loves us--and we were created to love and be loved"
What I appreciate about MT, is that she speaks in the way I think. I believe that Love is what makes the world go 'round. I believe that if we just loved people more, and thought of ourselves less, this world would be a better place.
There are others, like me, out there, and there are also those who, like me, follow this thought with their lives, until they are tired and rushed and at the end of their rope--then it is everyone for themselves.
I struggle with that. I struggle to constantly remind myself that I do know the people around me, and that no, they are not just going to bleed me dry. When I am sleep deprived, hungry, and frustrated, it takes a concerted effort to remind myself that I know my friends, and when they ask me question after question, they are not just trying to add to my frustration, but to understand what I want and need.
It is so easy to follow though with the Love thing when you are getting plenty of sleep and feel good. The challenge, then, is to Love through our own inadequacies. Because, let's face it, how often is everything that good? If we wait for it to happen, we will miss out on some awesome opportunities to Love.
Also, pray for me today. I go to the dentist today and I am sure I am going to come back with a sore mouth and a short temper.
No comments:
Post a Comment