Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Authenticity and feeling fine

I thought I would post a quick update: I feel ok.

Yesterday was a GOOD day.

I got up at 5am and fed my baby.

I ate breakfast, packed my lunch, and posted my lament.

I went to school, and was reminded of how very far behind we are on almost everything.

I told my teaching partner how I feel totally ineffective.

I taught, and gave corrections, and gave lists of missing work and reminded kids we have 2 1/2 weeks until the end of the quarter.

I don't think I did anything different

but I was different.

I saw joy, I saw promise, I saw a glimmer of where we could go...

I came home exhausted, with a voice that was almost gone, and a cranky baby.

I had work to do, and a nap to give, and stuff to put away.

But something was different.

Not a lot different, but a little...

and yesterday, it was enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment