Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Wow...and Wow

So, my week of balance (last week if anyone is keeping track... was NOT a week of balance...

Thus the NOT POSTING.

When I finally had time to post, it was 9:00, the baby was barely in bed, and I didn't want to do anything but vegg out on the couch...

On Saturday Jeremy was away all day hanging with the guys (Yeayy for guy's days out!) and I got to play with my baby all day.  On Sunday we had church, and then I worked all afternoon while Jeremy took the baby over to a friend's house so I could concentrate (because she is very distractingly adorable when she wants her momma!) and on Monday I had no school, but daycare was closed, so I had  the baby again (so cute!).  Anyway, crazyness!  It is the end of the quarter and kids are freaking out because they have all this missing work (that I have been telling them for a while that they need to get done, hello!) and the last day to turn in papers is tomorrow.

Jeremy did dishes last night
Jeremy took out the trash last night
Jessie did nothing... I'm not helpful
I run and run and run all day, fixing other people's problems, being blamed for kids not doing things when I tell them they need to, needing to solve conflicts that parents should be taking care of at home, and teaching kids when it is GOOD to tattle and when it is BAD to tattle.  I move move move all day long, and when I get home I am tired.

I have to talk myself into NOT being selfish (and often I lose).  I need to continue to work on balance, because if I can balance my life a little more, then maybe I won't be so ready to quit everything when I get home.

I am at school now, and my book is not here with me... but this is the point where I remember...

I remember what the week of balance was all about...

(you got to love how much I use ellipses!...)

It was about focusing on the important things... the center.

So I am going to Curves again (Yeayyy) two days a week, and they have just started this video thing during it, so you are on a machine for a bit, and then you switch to what is on the video, and currently it is a balance exercise (I just got this!  Thanks God! ...smart aleck!)  Anyway, when you do the balance exercises, you are supposed to pull in your stomach and focus on your center.  It is amazing how well it works to balance you!

And that is what the book was talking about!  Pulling everything in toward the center!  Balance!

So, what I really need is not more weeks to practice JUGGLING all the things I need to do... but I need to focus on the CENTER, and everything else will fall into place!


No comments:

Post a Comment